Lawn Replacement Program
Please be advised that we pay upon completion of project. This means we have not set aside funds to pay you until you complete your project, post-inspection, and your W-9 is returned. Note that all documents submitted are public documents and may be disclosed.
Basic Program Facts
- $2.00 per square foot incentive for living grass removed
- Pre- and post-inspections are required before and after living grass is removed
- Projects must be between 500 and 2500 square feet of living grass to be removed
- The grass must be alive and in place to qualify. We count dormant grass, but we do not count dirt. If your yard is entirely dirt, you do not qualify and should not apply
- Drip irrigation or point irrigation can be used in your new landscape, but not rotating or spray nozzles
- Artificial turf can be used, but there are additional rules if you are installing it in a front yard. See Design for more
- Computer, Internet, and email access are required to participate
- All design rules are available under Design
- All process information is available under Process
As of July 1, 2016, the following changes will be in place:
- Only front yards will be eligible for rebates
- All proposed plans must show all live grass to be removed from front yards (no grass left in plan)
- Artificial turf projects will not be funded
- All proposed plans must show the entire front yard converted to drip irrigation, including existing beds if they count toward plant coverage requirements of 50%.
- Smaller projects may be allowed. Call for details.